The Montessori room is similar to the Pre montessori Room, but the materials are more advanced to cater for the needs of the child and is more age specific. As the children are preparing for big school,reading, writing and maths are covered giving your child the best possible start to their education. All our Montessori teachers carry the HETAC Level 8 Degree in Montessori Education. Games and constructive play are also done in this fun,loving environment to help the child engage in social interaction.
Class commences at 9am
- 08.00 - 08.45 Children arrive and are allocated to their area where breakfast is served. As they finish breakfast they play with lego/jigsaws until class starts.
- 09.00 - 10.30 Montessori class. Practical Life( carrying items on a tray, pouring exercises, polishing etc) Sensorial Life (child learns about Lengths, Widths, Heights, Sizes, Diameters, Colours, Sounds, Smells, Textures) Maths (numbers, counting, quantity and geometry and algebra) Children will also do addition & subtraction Language (Sounds, writing, word building & inset for design) Children will also do reading.
- 10.30 Snack
- 11.00 - 11.45 Montessori class continues.
- 11.45 - 12.00 Prepare for lunch.
- 12.00 - 12.30 Lunch time
- 12.30 - 1.30 Arts & Crafts
- 1.30 - 2.00 Circle time. Geography, monthly cultural topics are covered.
- 2.00 - 2.30 Freshening up time
- 2.30 - 3.45 Walk to the park or garden play
- 4.00 - 4.30 Afternoon tea is served.
- 4.30 - 5.30 Free play.
- 5.30 - 6.00 Tidy up & collection