At this exciting stage the children are introduced to the Montessori Method in its simplest form. Pre Montessori gives the children the opportunity to have fun and develop new skills through informal play and a wide range of fun activities. In this room the children learn the basics of Montessori work, thus improving concentration and the gross and fine motor skills.
Class commences at 9am
- 08.00 - 08.45 Children arrive and are allocated to their area where breakfast is served. As they finish breakfast they play with lego/jigsaws until class starts.
- 09.00 - 10.30 Montessori class. Children do Practical Life(carrying items on a tray, pouring & spooning exercises, polishing etc) Sensorial Life( child learns about Lengths, Widths, Heights, Sizes, Diameters, Textures, Colours, Sounds, Smells.
- 10.30 Snack
- 10.30 - 11.00 Montessori continues
- 11.00 - 11.45 Arts & Crafts
- 11.45 - 12.00 Prepare for lunch(set tables etc)
- 12.00 - 12.30 Lunch time
- 12.30 - 2.00 Resting time. Sleep facilities provided
- 2.00 - 2.30 Freshening up time
- 2.30 - 3.45 Walk to the Park (Merrion Square) or garden play
- 4.00 - 4.30 Afternoon tea is served
- 4.30 - 5.30 Music, singing, dancing etc
- 5.30 - 6.00 Tidy up & collection